03/01/2023

Non-lolita things the fashion brought to my life ♡

Dreamstime


Lolita fashion brought to my life more than just cute clothes, full of lace and frills. During my process learning more about lolita, about the sub styles and trying to find myself inside this universe, I've found other things that became an important part of my life. They are not thousand of things, but they definitely turn on treasure ones on my rotine and life.

 Skincare

Before lolita fashion, I almost didn't have a skincare routine. I basically would wash my face with the same soap I would use on my body and I would just do it when I shower (what means at least once per day). 

Teenager come and with it the black heads and pimples, and until today I have some marks scars from that time. Sometimes I would buy a soap for skins with acne, but I wouldn't use it how I was supposed to neither search to see if it was the ideal to my skin type. By the way, I didn't even know how to describe my own skin type. If you asked, I would go like "oily and with acne".

Nowadays, I follow a skincare routine that is pleasurable to me. My skin is ridiculously better. I know a lot about products to my skin type. Oh, and for the ones who want to know: my skin is oily at hot season and combination at cold and dry season, I have enlarged pores, sensitive skin, and acne prone, especially on U zone. 

What made me change the relationship with my skin was the things that I used to read at Reino de Morango, by Ichigo. She would always post reviews from different products, what led me to learn about and love skincare. 

 Embroidery

On my family, the women are skilled. They know how to cook, to sew, to embroider, to crochet, to knit, to paint on fabric... I had all the incentives to be like that. But I wasn't. I embroidered only one hand towel when I was 10, and I tried some classes of acrylic paint on fabric and that was all. 

The funny fact is that I did consider some of those stuffs relaxing. However, I would just do whatever but that. 

And as much as I read about Lolita Fashion, the more I've found about different things and embroidery was a hobby for many Lolitas back then. I gave it a second shot and I have no regrets until now.

To embroider relaxing me and connect me with now. By the way, I love to look for new stitches on internet. I wish I could do that more often, but the little I already can do it makes me happy.

 To want to be surrounded by cute stuffs

Before Lolita, I didn't really care about what I had around me. I did have some cute things, because it was attractive to me, but it would be small things such as pencils or stickers. I was poor (I still am) and I'd rather invest my money just in the basics. It is easy to buy lots of small and cheap stuffs than the an expensive one. 

Nowadays, I think different. I work and can afford some things I would like to have back then. So I prefer do not buy small and pretty things that I don't really want and save money for the big ones that I really want and are more expensive.

 To appreciate a simple life

When we think about the clothes full lace, frills, detailed prints, the last word that came to mind is simplicity. Even though the accessories are showy, paradoxically Lolita Fashion reminds me about the simple life.

For those who like to live the Lolita lifestyle, there is an appreciation of crafts, afternoon tea, exchange write hand letters, to have a metting with friends to talk and enjoy the moment. We love burando, but generally we also want to handmade an accessory, sew something, buy from a local seller.

Is there something more simple than wearing your favorite clothes, making a tea, and reading a book? To me, there isn't.


I could keep writing about this topic, remembering how many other different things Lolita brought to my life besides clothes, however this post would be giant. So, I'll end it with a question: what did lolita bring to your life that is no directly related with clothes?

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Gostou do post? Deixe um comentário, vou adorar responder <3
Did you like the post? Send me a comment, I'll love to answer <3